Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Shoes!

I took John Paul to get a new pair of shoes this evening because I wanted him to have a pair of all leather tennis shoes for cold weather. He was SO CUTE at the shoe store! First he walked around and checked himself out in the mirrors while he babbled and talked to himself. It was adorable. Then I sat him down on the bench and tried a pair of shoes on him. He fussed at the time because he wanted down. After I got the shoes on him, I helped him off the bench. He looked down at his shoes and then looked back up at me and smiled from ear to ear. Then he took off walking faster than I have ever seen him go! It was so funny!

Then the lady told us that he could wear them out if he wanted to. So I thanked her and we went to the cashier to pay for them. He walked about four feet away from me and started checking out some necklaces that were hanging on a revolving rack beside of the check out. Then he looked down at his shoes again. This time he bent over and tapped them with his hands three times, stood straight back up, squealed, and smiled from ear to ear again. It totally melted my heart! It made me think back to when he was in the orphanage in April and they put a pair of shoes on him that looked like they were two to three sizes too big. And also when we were there in July they had a pair of girl's blue shoes on him. It made me tear up to know that he realized he had his own pair of new shiny white tennis shoes. Of course, he has other shoes, but I had ordered them online right after we got him. This was the first pair of shoes that he tried on and had bought for him while he was there. We take so much for granted in life. What a blessing to see him enjoying his new shoes so much!


John Paul in Ukraine


Happy About My New Shoes



3 comments:

grammygwen said...

I love the new pics. John Paul looks like he has grown a lot. I remember those shoes that he had on in the pics from the orphanage in April. I cried when I saw how big they were on his little feet. I cried again knowing how much he loves his new shoes. I remember a certain little girl that loved new shoes too. Give John Paul a big hug from Grammy. I love you all. MOM

Arizona mom to eight said...

Love John Pauls new blog, it is so cute! I enjoyed reading about his new shoes too, and the pictures are adortable!

Kerry Shealy said...

What a great story! He looks amazing! I love to see those happy faces when kids finally get "home".
Kerry RR