Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome to John Paul's New Blog

I set this blog up so that everyone can follow along with what John Paul is doing, separate from our adoption of Dasha. This is his very own little place. :) He is beginning to love Elmo, so I thought this background was appropriate. He likes when I sing la la la la, la la la la, John Paul's (rather than Elmo's) World. So that is where the name came from.

He has had a very busy weekend with a visit from his grandparents (Rick's parents)! They live in IL and this was their first time meeting each other. He has had a blast! We went and walked around Harper's Ferry today and checked out the museums. He enjoyed riding in the big stroller (rather than the easy umbrella stroller). He has been having a lot if fun playing with the new truck that his grandma and grandpa brought him. He's been loving the extra attention!

I took him to have his picture taken on Thursday and he did so well! He was a little ham! He smiled, laughed, and kept clapping his hands for me and the photographer. When I was looking at the computer selecting the pictures I wanted, he hopped down off of the chair, he was sitting beside me in, and charged after this little boy's tootsie roll pop! I didn't know how the little boy was going to react, but he and his sister laughed and thought it was funny. It really was funny! I was shocked that he wanted something like that to put in his mouth. When we left we donated a few dollars to a lady outside collecting money for abused children and she gave him a Dum Dum lollipop. I waited until we got out of her sight and to the car, before I gave it to him because I thought he might throw it down. I put it in his mouth and he licked it and pulled it back out. Then he put it back in and licked it again. Then he pulled it back out and snarled up his face, and threw it on the ground. Well, at least I don't have to worry about him wanting to eat candy. But I do hope he will eat something solid before too much longer. He eats great, but it is still pureed. He weighed 28 lbs when he went to the cardiologist. I don't know how much he weighed in Ukraine. They didn't weight him at his dr. appointment for his visa. :( But I do know that I can't count his ribs any more, and for that I am VERY thankful! He looks just right now, healthy.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great new blog, Kristy. Thanks for sharing so much about John Paul.
~Lisa

grammygwen said...

John Paul's own blog, I love it!! The Elmo background is great. Can't wait to see the new pictures. Give him a hug from me, and tell Bev and Richard hello. Love you, MOM